With Master of Public Health degree offered at the University of the West of Scotland students will be introduced to current knowledge and challenges in Public Health through a range of techniques applicable to research including epidemiology, global health economics and statistics.
Students will learn the main methodologies and theoretical approaches to inform the theory and practice of Public Health and learn a range of skills to analyse, synthesise and evaluate local, national and global issues of Public Health.
Our MPH will prepare you for a successful career in Public Health and allied professions both in UK and globally. This list of potential career prospects is not extensive and the options will vary depending on your first degree, and may include the possible opportunities arising through your local authorities and community projects:
- Public health promotion / practitioner
- Health economist
- Health centre director
- NGO (Non-Governmental Organisation)
- Tropical disease specialist
- Refugee coordinator
- Principles of Infection and Disease Control
- Effects of Lifestyle on health
- Global Health Economics & Health Systems
- Introduction to eHealth
- Postgraduate Research Methods
- Statistical Methods for Public Health
- Master of Public Health Dissertation
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
International- The latest we can process your application is 6 weeks before the course start date
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 1790 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- A second class Honours degree.
- Other academic, vocational or professional qualifications deemed to be equivalent may also be considered.
- Recognised Prior Learning equivalent to PG Dip level (maximum of 120 credits at SCQF Level 11) will allow direct entry to to the MPH in order to undertake both the research project and professional practice dissertation.
International17250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17250 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11250 GBP per year during 12 months.
For Scottish students, cost of study per year is 7,000£
Living costs for Hamilton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.