Gerontology with Dementia Care degree offered at the University of the West of Scotland aims to develop the knowledge, skills and confidence of all its participants by introducing debate around our understanding of ageing, the impact of shifting demographics and the integration and globalisation of health and social care with particular focus on the care of people living with dementia, and their current and future care priorities.
The teaching staff work within the Alzheimer Scotland Centre for Policy and Practice within the University of the West of Scotland. The Centre and its staff have led a number of national and international projects including being responsible for delivery of the NHS Education Scotland / Scottish Social Service Council's National Dementia Champions teaching.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Dementia Care Principles
- Contemporary Advanced Dementia Care
- Complexities of Pain
- Delivering Compassionate Care
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 902 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- Normally, you are expected to hold a first degree in a relevant subject.
- Applications are welcomed from graduates from all relevant disciplines with experience and/or an interest in older people and their health and social care provision.
- Applicants who have completed the UWS Graduate Certificate in Working with Older People will also be considered on an individual basis.
International13325 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13325 GBP per year during 36 months.
National6500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6500 GBP per year during 36 months.
Rest of Uk (English, Northern Irish, Welsh)/ Republic of Ireland
- £10,765 Cost of Study
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.