As businesses become more and more reliant on data-driven strategies, the needs and opportunities for graduates in Business Analytics from University of Massachusetts Boston have grown rapidly.
Breakthroughs in data collection, storage, and analysis to uncover and capture business value have fueled this growth, and post-recession companies have recognized this potential and increasingly emphasize data-driven decision-making in their business strategies.
The current annual rate of job growth in this area is approximately 11.8%, a rate that is only expected to accelerate in the future.
What you'll study
This program covers theories of powerful techniques and quantitative methods in Business Analytics and how they are applied in the real world. The program focuses on using current software tools to study effective techniques of problem formulation, developing solutions with mathematical and algorithmic techniques, and methods for implementing those solutions with technology.
The MSBA program offers students a choice of two specializations, Big Data Analytics and Supply Chain Analytics. Each includes a core of analytical courses, elective courses in that specialization, and a capstone course.
- Big Data Analytics
The Big Data Analytics specialization focuses on data mining and analytical techniques, big data management, storage, and modeling. The objectives consist of enabling students to process big data in an effective and efficient way, discover knowledge patterns in big data, build predictive models, and use big data to answer business questions.
- Supply Chain Analytics
The Supply Chain Analytics specialization focuses on data analytics and decision-making in the context of a major functional area in businesses-- supply chains. The specialization offers courses on analytics in-service operation. The objective is to use data and data modeling to optimize activities within the supply chain and consequently maximize the organization’s competitive advantage.
- Enterprise Business Intelligence
- Multivariate Statistics and Regression Analysis
- Enterprise Data Mining and Predictive Analytics
- Management Decision Models
- Database Management Systems
- Enterprise Data Warehousing
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management Studies Business Intelligence & Analytics View 1618 other Masters in Business Administration in United States
- Online application with application fee.
- Current professional resume
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended, both undergraduate and graduate.
- The admissions cycles through spring 2023, will opt out of requiring GRE scores for admission due to COVID-related closures of testing sites.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from professional or academic references.
- Applicants must provide the name and email address for (2) references as part of the online application. Those references will receive an email notification directing them to a secure site to submit their recommendation.
- State a current issue, problem or topic from your intended field of study (This can be specific to your country, state or local community) and discuss your strategic plan as to how you would address the issue and how attending graduate school at UMass Boston will aid you in your pursuits.
International36880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18440 USD per semester during 12 months.
National36880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18440 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State18894 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9447 USD per semester during 12 months.
- Part time in-state: $787/credit
- Part time out-of-state: $1,537/credit
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.