The program is aimed at quantitatively oriented students who hold a BSc in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics or related disciplines. Econometric methods are increasingly gaining importance in research, business and the public sector.
- Students of Econometrics at TU Dortmund University are capable of using mathematical models to quantitatively describe and analyze problems that arise in companies, research, government, financial institutions and other organizations.
- They have an extensive understanding of statistical methods and an in-depth knowledge of central economic causal relationships and the resulting econometric questions.
- All compulsory courses and a majority of the electives are taught in English.
- The program comprises five core and four elective modules, including a six-month Master thesis. Most modules consist of multiple courses which may be chosen according to the individual interests of the students.
- Core courses teach key concepts in Statistical Theory, Econometrics and Time Series Analysis. The core curriculum also conveys skills in project management, consulting and applied research.
- A large pool of electives and specialized seminars enables the students to deepen their knowledge in selected fields of econometric theory and applied economic research, e.g., health economics or financial econometrics.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesEconomics Econometrics View 114 other Masters in Economics in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- University Entrance Qualification (HZB). This will usually be your completed university degree or a secondary education degree/school diploma. Please refer to this website for further information.
- Proof of English language skills of at least „B2“ level. (See “language requirements”)
- A “good” Bachelor’s degree (2.7 or better in the German grading system) which contains at least 15 ECTS in the field of Mathematics / Statistics and at least 15 ECTS in the field of economics.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
In Germany all public universities are free of tuition fees. However, students are requested to pay a social contribution fee.
Living costs for Dortmund
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.