As International Accounting and Finance programme from the University of Birmingham is for graduates with a strong background in both accounting and finance, this programme is designed to strengthen your existing knowledge and develop your skill set to prepare you for your career in the industry.
The International Accounting and Finance MSc encompasses accounting in its international, public and private contexts, corporate financial management, private sector investment and foreign exchange markets.
It aims to give you a deep knowledge of the theoretical and empirical literature that provides the background to understanding changes and innovations in accounting and finance, where you will also acquire a range of skills that can be used to solve real-world problems.
Careers in Business is a dedicated service for postgraduate Business School students. We’ll help you in all aspects of your career management, from planning your job-seeking strategies, applying for jobs, preparing for interviews and assessment centres and developing your essential employability skills. At the start of your programme you will receive an email from our team, giving details of how you can access Careers in Business Online.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Financial Accounting Theory and Policy
- Professional Integrity and The Reflective Practitioner
- Theory of Financial Management
- Advanced Management Accounting: Issues in Strategy and Accounting
- Auditing Theory and Practice
- Empirical Topics in Accounting and Finance
- Foreign Exchange and International Money Markets
- International Business Finance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesFinance Accounting International Business View 453 other Masters in International Business in United Kingdom
- A good Honours degree (2:1 or higher) or postgraduate diploma from an UK university or equivalent
- The degree must be in a relevant subject and applicants must have studied and achieved a mark equivalent to a 2.1 at bachelor’s level in Intermediate (or above) level of Financial Accounting, Principles of Accounting, Corporate Finance or Financial Management or International Financial Management, and at least two other modules in Accounting and Finance, such as Auditing, Taxation, Financial Statement Analysis, Investments etc.
International22500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9900 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- International students can often gain funding through overseas research scholarships, Commonwealth scholarships or their home government
- If you're an English-resident, or EU student, you may be eligible for a loan to study a taught or research Masters in any subject. The government-backed student loan will provide up to £10,280
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.