Through the MPHil Business Management from University of Johannesburg’s dissertation, a qualifying student show evidence of scientific research and an ability to reflect thereon in the holistic context of business management. The student should obtain a focused competence depending on the topic of the dissertation.
The student should show evidence of independent and original scientific work. Students will also display competence in the application of relevant research methodology and the proper written communication of the research process and findings. The student should be able to reflect on his/her research decisions and applications, and to assess the effect thereof in the holistic context of business management.
The qualification can also be obtained by means of successfully writing research-based articles. For this option, the student need to demonstrate the ability to write research-based articles. This option is subject to approval by the department.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Dissertation: Business Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management, Organisation & Leadership View 37 other Masters in Business Administration in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A student who is in possession of an Honours qualification on NQF level 8 or equivalent, in any subfield of Business Management, may apply for admission to this qualification.
- A student must have obtained an average of at least 65% for their 120 NQF level 8 qualification.
- The Dean of the College of Business and Economics may refuse a student admission to the master’s qualification if of the opinion that the student’s academic background is insufficient for the proposed studies.
- Provide proof of the English Proficiency where English was not used as a medium of lecturing (the University prefers the applicant to take the IELTS at an overall score of 7 and TOEFL at an average score of 105–120 for Postgraduate programmes) Alternatively, you may elect to write the University of Johannesburg English Language Programme Test (UJELP).
International851 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 851 EUR per year during 12 months.
R14,634 – R171,158
Living costs for Johannesburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.