Ten of the 20 fastest-growing jobs today are in health care, a field that will, in the next few years, continue to add more new jobs than any other sector. Health care reform continues to greatly increase demand for quality, affordable care, requiring clinicians and administrators alike to come up with novel approaches for care delivery. Succeeding in this environment calls for specialized knowledge and skills. The Health Administration (Executive) program is offered at Rutgers University.
Why the Rutgers MHA?
The Executive Master of Health Administration at the Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy is for health professionals who aspire to advance into executive leadership roles. This cohort-based program approaches your professional development and education in the same way as does the work environment—by throwing challenges your way. This is by no means your traditional didactic, textbook-centric class.
More informationVisit official programme website
- The Executive MHA Program is tailored for the health professional with at least five years of experience. Our newly designed curriculum presents information in four sequential, 9-credit modules or clusters—courses grouped together in common themes and two experiential summers.
- At the start of each module, cohorts take on a complex health care problem and collaboratively create innovative solutions.
- Executive MHA participants complete the 45-credit program in two calendar years, including completion of an experiential portfolio of management achievements, typically up to 6 credits.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management View 802 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Arts/or related degree
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 preferred
- 5 years of health care experience
- Transcripts (may be submitted for the highest degree awarded to applicant)
- Two letters of recommendation:
- A strong letter of recommendation from your employer
- A letter that should amplify the applicant’s academic potenial or qualifications that sets the candidate apart from other applicants
International30024 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15012 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National30024 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15012 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State17736 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8868 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.