As the pace and complexity of the information age grows, librarians and information specialists are in ever increasing demand.
The Library and Information Studies degree at the University of Rhode Island graduates work in public, school, and special library settings in communities throughout the United States and abroad in major cities, multinational corporations, and government and nonprofit organizations.
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Lead, Manage & Connect Library and Information Services
- Searching for Answers: Meeting Users' Information Needs
- Organization of Information
- Introduction to Information Science and Technology
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLibrary Science View 93 other Masters in Library Science in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in the United States or a foreign institution of acceptable standing
- Adequate undergraduate preparation in the proposed major field or equivalent evidence of an appropriate background for undertaking an advanced degree program
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better in the undergraduate career that can be confirmed with official transcripts from the institution (some programs may require a higher or lower GPA).
International29774 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29774 USD per year during 24 months.
National29774 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29774 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State16322 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16322 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Kingston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.