About Interdisciplinary Neuroscience at the University of Rhode Island
The University of Rhode Island’s graduate Interdisciplinary Neuroscience Program (INP) provides students with expertise from researchers and entrepreneurs who are conducting cutting-edge research about the physiological bases of behavior and who are developing solutions for the most debilitating brain disorders, such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases, epilepsy, schizophrenia, and more.
The INP graduate program offers three options: a Master of Science (M.S.), Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree, or a Certificate in Neuroscience. Please note that the Master of Science offers a thesis or a non-thesis option. The thesis program requires students to match with a mentor and conduct research (resulting in a thesis), while the non-thesis program does not require a mentor match or thesis, consequently the acceptance rate tends to be higher in the non-thesis program.
- Foundations of Neuroscience
- Neuroethics and Diversity
- Cellular and Molecular Neurosciences
- Experiential Neuroscience
- Clinical Neuroscience
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Neuroscience Clinical Psychology View 362 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United States
- A bachelor’s degree in the sciences (or related disciplines), two letters of recommendation, a personal statement, and transcripts of all previous degrees are required. Students with deficiencies in undergraduate courses relevant to their Program of Study may be required to take additional courses without program credit.
- In general, students will be admitted if they meet the minimum GPA of 3.00, good letters of recommendation, and an acceptable statement of purpose. In exceptional circumstances, the student who falls short may still be considered for admission with further evaluation.
International29774 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29774 USD per year during 30 months.
National29774 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29774 USD per year during 30 months.
In-State16322 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16322 USD per year during 30 months.
Living costs for Kingston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.