Speech pathologists work with people who have communication and swallowing disabilities.
They have a particular focus on helping children aged 0-5 who have developmental speech and language difficulties; providing specialist support to school-aged children and adolescents with language, learning, and reading difficulties; implementing rehabilitation programs with adults who have had a brain injury; supporting children and adults with complex medical, developmental and acquired conditions such as autism, cleft palate and dementia with communication and swallowing; and working with a variety of professionals in optimising their voice and vocal skills.
- In the Speech and Language Pathology program at Macquarie University, you'll have the opportunity to study within the state-of-the-art Macquarie University Speech and Hearing Clinic alongside industry experts.
- You'll gain experience in multidisciplinary and holistic approaches to communication and swallowing disabilities.
- You'll have opportunities to undertake extensive supervised clinical placements to develop your skills in assessment of, and intervention for, individuals with developmental and acquired communication and swallowing disabilities.
- You'll undertake a diverse range of coursework units and clinical experiences with a focus on the application of linguistics to communication disability.
Job prospects within Australia are excellent, you will be qualified to practice as a speech pathologist in a variety of settings including schools, hospitals, community health centres, and private practice.
This degree is fully accredited by the Speech Pathology Association of Australia.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Lifelong Disability and AAC
- Speech Pathology Intervention
- Body Functions and Structures for Speech Pathology
- Speech Pathology Clinical Practice
- Voice and Fluency Disorders
- Speech and Language Disorders in Children
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 36 other Masters in Language Studies in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS CODE: 037303B
- AQF level 7 bachelor's qualification or recognised equivalent with a WAM of 65, and
- Recent successful completion of specified prerequisite units at AQF level 7
International52400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52400 AUD per year during 24 months.
National29200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29200 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.