Cybersecurity analysis focuses on the policy dimension of cyber security. It identifies the information vulnerabilities of an organisation (for example, a government department, a business or a non-government organisation) and then provides strategies to counter and mitigate the potential cyber threats to these vulnerabilities.
The Australian government has determined that cybersecurity analysis is an area of strategic priority for the nation. Graduates with expert knowledge of cybersecurity analysis are now in high demand across a range of sectors.
- The Cyber Security Analysis program at Macquarie University will teach you to critically analyse real-world cybersecurity issues and use advanced disciplinary techniques and methods to develop solutions to them.
- You can take elective units from sociology, accounting and risk management, politics and international relations to increase your knowledge and your employability.
- Internship opportunities with government and industry partners are available – on a competitive basis – during your studies.
- Graduate career opportunities are widely available due to the global shortage of skilled cybersecurity professionals.
- You’ll have opportunities to participate in dynamic simulations and wargames with postgraduate students undertaking security and intelligence degrees. These activities replicate the multidisciplinary groups that tackle security issues in the real world and will improve your practical skills.
- Cybersecurity analyst
- Network consultant
- Network security consultant
- Policy officer
- Risk analyst
- Security specialist
- Solutions architect
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Critical Thought and Research Design
- Cyber Crime and Cyber policing
- Applied Cyber Security
- Australia and Cyber Intelligence
- Cyber Terrorism and Information Warfare
- Simulation in Cyber Security
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesIT Security Terrorism & Security Cyber Security View 34 other Masters in Cyber Security in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS CODE: 099508J
AQF level 8 bachelor honours or graduate diploma qualification in a related field or recognised equivalent, or
Meet two of the following three criteria:
- AQF level 7 bachelor's qualification in a related field or recognised equivalent
- Minimum two years relevant approved work experience at senior management level, professional certification or other recognised prior learning
- AQF level 7 bachelor's qualification or recognised equivalent with a WAM of 65
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International37200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 37200 AUD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National28800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28800 AUD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.