This graduate level program in Special Education Multicategorical at West Virginia University prepares special education teachers to engage in current research-based practices and to provide high quality educational programs and services in elementary and/or secondary schools.
The master’s degree with certification program leads to initial certification or additional endorsement in Multicategorical Special Education in West Virginia, which includes students with mild/moderate mental impairments, specific learning disabilities, and emotional /behavioral disorders.
The WVU Multicategorical Special Education Program is designed to prepare professional educators to work with students with mild/moderate disabilities in elementary and secondary school settings.
The program’s mission is based on the belief that special educators play a critical role in the education of children with mild/moderate disabilities as co-instructors in inclusive general education classrooms, primary instructors in resource rooms or special classes, or as consultants to the classroom instructor.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Educational/Legal Foundations: Special Education
- Academic Interventions for Special Needs
- Classroom/Behavior Management for Special Needs
- Technology Applications for Special Needs
- Collaborative-Consultative Inclusion Strategies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Teaching View 164 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with minimum GPA of 3.00 out of 4.0;
- passing scores on a nationally standardized test of academic ability within a 10 year period: 850 or better on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) OR 400 or better on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) OR passing scores on the Praxis PPST (see below)
- OR a Master’s degree in education or a closely related area from a regionally accredited institution with minimum GPA of 3.25;
International24840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12420 USD per semester during 24 months.
National24840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12420 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State8820 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4410 USD per semester during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.