Terrorism is becoming exceedingly complex. Changes to society and technology have increased our vulnerability to terrorist attacks, and have given unprecedented power to terrorists.
To defend themselves, governments and businesses need analysts who have the knowledge, skills and creativity to understand the dynamic and complex systems that terrorists are leveraging.
Specialists in counterterrorism are, therefore, in demand by the Australian Government, as well as by the private sector.
As a student in the Counter Terrorism program at Macquarie University, you’ll learn about the theory and practice of counterterrorism studies; the emerging domestic, regional and international challenges related to terrorism and their implications for counterterrorism approaches and policies; and the evolution of Australia’s counterterrorism strategies and policies. It will also equip you with a practical skill set.
- Countering violent extremism expert
- Intelligence analyst
- Police officer
- Risk analyst
- Security analyst
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Critical Thought and Research Design
- Counter Terrorism in the Global and Australian Contexts
- Advanced Terrorism Studies
- Choosing Terror: Pathways into Terrorism
- International Terrorism
- Simulation in Counter Terrorism
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
- International - We recommend applying early for your course to ensure you have adequate time to arrange your student visa.
- 1,5 years - 120
- 1 year - 80
DisciplinesTerrorism & Security View 22 other Masters in Terrorism & Security in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS CODE: 095113E
AQF level 8 bachelor honours or graduate diploma qualification in a related field or recognised equivalent, or
Meet two of the following three criteria:
- AQF level 7 bachelor's qualification in a related field or recognised equivalent
- Minimum two years relevant approved work experience at senior management level, professional certification or other recognised prior learning
- AQF level 7 bachelor's qualification or recognised equivalent with a WAM of 65
International37200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37200 AUD per year during 12 months.
National28800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28800 AUD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.