Effective planning is crucial in our rapidly urbanising world. Skilled planners make central contributions to shaping places and communities, and to the sustainability of social and economic development.
The Planning program at Macquarie University brings together social and environmental science, as well as practitioners’ know-how, to create a rich professional development experience for established and aspiring planners.
- This degree will provide you with the theory, skills and knowledge that urban and regional planners require, and is accredited by the Planning Institute of Australia (PIA).
- You can choose from one of three specialisations - Environmental Law, Environmental Planning and Social Policy and Planning.
- You’ll develop foundation skills and knowledge in areas such as strategic planning, development assessment, sustainable development and planning law.
- You’ll learn how to approach social, economic and environmental issues in an integrated way, developing particular expertise in the environmental and social dimensions of planning, that are central to equitable and sustainable planning.
- Depending on your interests, you can choose to specialise in Environmental Law, Environmental Planning, or Social Policy and Planning. You’ll also have opportunities to add depth in areas such as climate change, social policy, environmental science, community consultation, spatial sciences and regional development.
- Environmental planner
- Environmental consultant
- Social planner
- Statutory planner
- Strategic planner
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Australian Environmental Futures
- Environment and Society
- Urban Dynamics: population, Housing and Regeneration
- Theory and Methods in Human Geography
- Social Impact Assessment
- Local Government Approval Process
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
- International - We recommend applying early for your course to ensure you have adequate time to arrange your student visa.
- 2 years - 160
- 1,5 years - 120
DisciplinesSocial Work Environmental Sciences View 49 other Masters in Social Work in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS CODE: 092011B
- AQF level 7 bachelor's qualification in a related field or recognised equivalent, or
- AQF level 7 bachelor's qualification or recognised equivalent, and approved work experience, professional certification or other recognised prior learning, or
- AQF level 7 bachelor's qualification or recognised equivalent with a WAM of 65
International37200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37200 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.