All Philosophy students at The University of New Mexico will be accepted into the program as Plan II students. In special circumstances, a student may petition the Faculty to take the Plan I option. The student should explain in this petition why he or she thinks that Plan I would be in his or her case a more appropriate program of studies than Plan II. Requirements specific to Plan I are marked with the superscript '1', and requirements specific to Plan II are marked with the superscript '2'.
- The History of Philosophy
- Philosophy of Art
- Philosophy of Mind
- Phenomenology and Existentialism
- Philosophy of Psychology/Psychoanalysis
- South Asian Philosophy
- Social and Political Philosophy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics View 184 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United States
General requirementsAdmission requirements
- Must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in the United States or its equivalent in another country.
- Generally, applicants must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 (B) or its equivalent in their last two undergraduate years and in their major field.
- Must indicate all academic institutions they have previously attended on their applications.
- In most departments, the minimum undergraduate prerequisite is 12 semester hours of upper division course work (300-level courses or higher) in the major field to which the student is applying, or in cognate areas.
International967 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 967 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National286 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 286 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.