How can we improve our health care system? Can we prevent large amounts of food from grocery stores from ending up in the trash? How can online shops increase sales? Nothing works if we do not collect data and information - whether in research, in the fight against crime, or for any company that wants to be successful. The new Master's degree program "Economic and Business Analytics" at the Johannes Kepler University Linz can show you how to keep track of huge amounts of data, how to interpret data, how to make it profitable for companies and to benefit society, and how to make business decisions based on this data.
Explore the Economic and Business Analytics degree offered by Johannes Kepler University Linz now!
Why This Degree is Particularly Attractive
- Your expertise will be highly sought after: Businesses and society need university graduates who are familiar with data-based decision-making.
- The interlocking of areas in economics and business administration as well as in business informatics is unique in Austria.
- Specializing in areas such as the digital economy, financial markets or healthcare gives you a head start.
- As part of a special mentoring program, each student is assigned to a professor in order to get direct, constructive feedback, discuss personal areas of expertise, and help develop ideas for a future career.
Digitization, the Internet of Things and Big Data are the source of extensive and far-reaching changes at corporate headquarters. Data analysts and strategic consultants are needed in all areas.
- As a business leader, data mining and analyses help you to make sound strategic decisions and reliably manage business decisions.
- As a data scientist working in grocery retail, you help to forecast sales for each branch. Not only do you cut business costs, you also prevent high amounts of food waste.
- As a data analyst in a health insurance fund, you analyze an insured individual's drug consumption and the doctor's visits. Based on statistical analysis methods, you develop recommendations to improve patients' health.
- You analyze online stores and the effects of pricing, customer reviews, and e-commerce certificates. This not only helps stores increase their sales, but also helps customers find the products they really need.
- Principles in Applied Economics
- Principles in Management, Digital Transformation and Technologies
- Principles in Analytic Methods
- Interdisciplinary Optional Modules
- Autonomous Coursework
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Environmental Economics & Policy Business Intelligence & Analytics View 5 other Masters in Business Intelligence & Analytics in Austria
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- If your first language is not English, you will be required to submit proof of B2 level of language proficiency in English.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor's or Diploma degree program in economics and business at the JKU or a comparable academic degree program equivalent in content and scope, allows you to enroll in the Master's degree program in Economic and Business Analytics without any admission constraints.
International726 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 363 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
€726.72 for third-country nationals
Living costs for Linz
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.