- Museology or museum studies is the study of museums. It explores the history of museums and their role in society, as well as the activities they engage in, including curating, preservation, public programming, and education.
- The Museum Studies curriculum at The University of New Mexico provides a firm grounding in museum theory with an emphasis on current standards, best practices and trends in the museum profession. The degree consists of a 33 credit hour interdisciplinary curriculum, which integrates courses in museology along with electives offered in aligned academic departments and culminates in a Master's project or thesis.
- The decision to award either a Master of Arts or Master of Science is determined on a case-by-case basis. The determination, which must be approved by the Graduate Program Director, is made by the student's graduate committee based on the nature of the student's thesis or project, the specific courses taken by the student, and the requirements of the student's cognate department.
- Museum Practices
- Museum Interpretation
- Museum Collection Management
- Seminar in Museum Methods
- Cognate Disciplines
- Practicum: Museum Methods
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Liberal Arts Museum Studies View 720 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The University of New Mexico and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Educational Background
- Test Scores
- Letter of Intent
- Writing Sample
- Relevant Coursework
- Three Letters of Recommendation
International27846 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27846 USD per year during 12 months.
National27846 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27846 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8757 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8757 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Albuquerque
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.