During the MA in International Social Development (Part Time) from the University of East Anglia , you’ll have the opportunity to learn about theory, analytical skills and practices, which inform more appropriate and effective social development interventions. You’ll also be able to add professional skills and work experience to your academic learning, for example by taking an internship in the summer with a social development organisation, and by taking one or more of our professional training workshops.
You’ll graduate with the skills, and – if you choose the work placement option – relevant experience, to work in a range of social development fields and organisations, from the community level to project design and policy.
A career in international social development can take you in all kinds of directions such as international organisations, governmental and non-governmental organisations, local governments, private sector and PhD programmes.
Previous graduates have gone on to work for:
- Save the Children Fund as a researcher
- Plan International in logistics for humanitarian assistance
- Ministry of Education, Namibia as a project officer
- UK local government in community development
- Private sector in corporate social responsibility
- International NGOs in policy research
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Gender Diversity and Social Development
- MA in International Social Development: Exam
- Social Analysis for International Development
- Critical Issues in Development Practice
- Development Perspectives
- Governance, Democracy and Development
- Gender Perspectives in International Development
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology International Development View 380 other Masters in International Development in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Degree Subject Social Science
- Degree Classification 2.1 or equivalent
- Applicants should normally have a good undergraduate degree from a recognised higher education institution. The University will also take into account the employment experience of applicants where relevant.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18500 GBP per year during 24 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Norwich
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.