The Master or Graduate Certificate in Public Financial Management is designed to meet the current and expanding national demand for well-trained financial managers for public and non-profit organizations.
As an online student, you will have access to the same nationally and internationally known faculty as on-campus students. Courses are taught in sequential, 8- and 4-week modules that allow you to actively participate as you balance work-life demands. As a student in our program, you will:
- Work with faculty that have expertise in relevant areas such as public budgeting, debt management, public sector accounting, and auditing.
- Develop practical knowledge of public finance, governmental accounting, and financial management.
- Prepare to efficiently manage the finances of public and nonprofit institutions and develop new, financially sustainable programs for those organizations.
Students completing the Master or Graduate Certificate in Public Financial Management at the University of Kentucky are employed as budget officers in federal, state, local government agencies, university accounting or grants offices; managers in public or nonprofit organizations; school finance officers; city managers; elected officials; and public sector account managers.
- Public Financial Management
- Public Funds Management
- Governmental Accounting and Financial Condition Analysis
- Governmental Auditing
- Legal Issues in Public Financial Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance Management Studies View 267 other Masters in Finance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Kentucky and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Official Transcripts
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement
- GRE/GMAT (Optional)
International26496 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 736 USD per credit during 12 months.
National26496 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 736 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.