The curriculum is designed to prepare individuals for the independent professional practice of urban design and research. Students will learn the techniques and processes of investigating, designing and modifying the physical elements constituting built urban environments. Instruction in applied projects is based on regional and community site planning, architecture, systems planning, transportation and logistics analysis, human services planning, legal codes and zoning development and related economic policy issues. Evening and Saturday classes at the University of Oklahoma provide a solid foundation in urban research methods, community awareness, physical and environmental design awareness and working methodologies with government and community action groups.
- We help communities and give back through meaningful work and service.
- We work at the intersection of many disciplines involved in the creation of the city.
- We encourage a diverse and personal studio culture of creativity and camaraderie.
- We support non-traditional students with flexible scheduling and opportunities for practice while still in school.
- We explore the application of the latest technology for city design and community planning.
Urban Design Careers
- Private Practice and Consulting: Urban Design, Architecture, and Planning
- Public Service: Community Planning, Economic Development, Infrastructure
- Real Estate Development
- Not for Profit Organizations: Facilities and Built Environment
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Urban Design Analytics
- Urban Design Seminar
- Real Estate
- Legal Framework for Urban Design
- Landscape Architecture for Archi tects
- Environmental Design Research Methods
- Urban Design Theory
- Ad. Arch. Tech: Materials
- Ad. Arch. Tech: Site Issues
- In ting Design
- Global City & Planning Issues
- Urban Land Use Controls
- Public Mass Transportation
- GIS for Land Use Planning
- Urban and Regional Trans.
- Real Estate Dev. - Urban
- Historic Preservation Planning
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesArchitecture Design Landscape Architecture View 516 other Masters in Design in United States
Admission to the Master of Urban Design program requires that applicants have a minimum 3.0 GPA. Supplemental materials include a sample of original creative work which may be a design portfolio, research work, professional project or academic paper, a one page letter of interest outlining the your academic interests and goals for the course of study, at least three letters of recommendation, and application fee. International students must submit TOEFL scores.
International33769 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33769 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Norman
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.