With four start dates available each year and intensive 10-week semesters, this rigorous online program is geared toward working professionals who want to advance their career. As a graduate of of Digital Mapping - New Maps Plus at the University of Kentucky, you will:
- Gain the technical skills that prospective employers prize and the geospatial analysis skills that will advance your career in this growing and demanding field.
- Implement Geographic Information Science (GIS) principles using open source applications like QGIS and integrate these with open database protocols such as PostGreSQL/PostGIS and SQLite.
- Apply interactive coding environments such as Jupyter and techniques of exploratory spatial data analysis (ESDA) using the Python programming language to process geographical information.
- Work in distributed and collaborative software environments using industry standard best practices such as Git and GitHub.
- Build an online portfolio of interactive maps and visualizations and share code documentation written in Markdown with colleagues and potential employers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Introduction to New Mapping
- Programming for Web Mapping
- Design for Interactive Web Mapping
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesWeb Technologies & Cloud Computing View 42 other Masters in Web Technologies & Cloud Computing in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The University of Kentucky requires a minimum score of 550 (paper-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for all applicants whose native language is not English (or who did not graduate from an accredited English-speaking College or University).
- The equivalent score on the computer version of the TOEFL is 213 and the internet-based test is 79.
- Applicants may also utilize the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) to satisfy the language requirement. A minimum mean band score of 6.5 is required. Submitted scores must be no more than two years old.
International721 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 721 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National721 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 721 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.