Petroleum Engineering from The American University in Cairo is designed to provide the students with the optimum design experiences required for graduates to join the industry of petroleum engineering and continue life-long professional development and apply and abide with highest standards of ethics, environmental, and societal requirements in petroleum industry.
The Master Degree in Petroleum Engineering prepares graduate students to provide the industry with a workforce equipped with technical skills and research capabilities with the understanding of business, management practices, safety and environment and ethical work habits.
- Advanced Drilling
- Well Control
- Advanced Production Engineering
- Petroleum Assets Evaluation
- Applied PVT and EOS Modelling
- Advanced Well Testing
- Enhanced Oil Recovery
- Reservoir Management
- Compositional Simulation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering General Engineering & Technology Mining, Oil & Gas View 18 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Egypt
- A BSc degree in petroleum engineering or closely related field with an overall grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.75 or its equivalent, and 3.0 or its equivalent in the major.
- An online application for graduate studies
- Online payment of the application fee
- A statement of purpose
- An updated resume (CV)
- At least two online letters of recommendation from persons familiar with your academic or professional background
- Official academic records, of which one must be a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with proof of degree completion.
- Satisfactory English language proficiency test results
- Graduate students may be asked to demonstrate minimum competency in the use of computers and academic libraries as they relate to graduate study and research
- One recent passport size photograph (a clear electronic copy)
International15435 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 735 USD per credit during 12 months.
National12537 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 597 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Cairo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.