Drawing on the School’s outstanding research in philosophy of religion and ethics (PRE), you’ll use a variety of online learning resources to explore key issues in the field of PRE. You’ll have the opportunity to consider themes such as: concepts of God; the nature of justice; religious experience; ethics of the environment; the religious and spiritual significance of the arts and our relationship to the natural world.
This Philosophy of Religion and Ethics course from University of Leeds is open to students from a variety of backgrounds, so if you have a personal interest in philosophical and religious questions, or you want to develop your knowledge of philosophy and religious studies for professional development purposes, this course is for you.
You can also study this course for a PGDip or MA qualification. You’ll study the same content, but take additional modules and be able to complete a dissertation.
This course will be of interest to teachers of Philosophy and Religious Studies for professional development purposes. The course can also provide a route into a research degree in the fields of philosophy of religion and ethics. Equally, the important skills of argumentation and clear expression that are developed in the course will be valuable in a wide range of work settings.
- Ethics: Reasons, Motivation, Obligations and Happiness
- Justice: Fairness, Equality and Diversity
- Global Environmental Ethics
- Business Ethics
- Ethical Issues at the Beginning of Life
- Ethical Issues at the End of Life
- Philosophy and Spiritual Practice
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Religious Studies & Theology View 33 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United Kingdom
- A bachelor degree with a 2:1 (hons) in an appropriate humanities or social science discipline.
- Our admissions team are experienced in considering a wide range of international qualifications. If you wish to discuss whether your qualifications will meet the necessary entry criteria, contact the School’s admissions team.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.