Drawing on the School’s outstanding research in philosophy of religion and ethics (PRE), you’ll use a variety of online learning resources to explore key issues in the field of PRE. You’ll have the opportunity to consider themes such as: concepts of God; the nature of justice; religious experience; ethics of the environment; the religious and spiritual significance of the arts and our relationship to the natural world.
This Philosophy of Religion and Ethics course from University of Leeds is open to students from a variety of backgrounds, so if you have a personal interest in philosophical and religious questions, or you want to develop your knowledge of philosophy and religious studies for professional development purposes, this course is for you.
You can also study this course for an MA or PGCert qualification. You’ll study the same content as the MA course, but take fewer modules overall for the PGCert and more modules for the MA.
This course will be of interest to teachers of Philosophy and Religious Studies for professional development purposes. The course can also provide a route into a research degree in the fields of philosophy of religion and ethics. Equally, the important skills of argumentation and clear expression that are developed in the course will be valuable in a wide range of work settings.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- This course is taught entirely online, so you can fit your studies around your social and professional life.
- You’ll be able to access a wide range of teaching and learning resources through our online learning platform (Minerva) and use the University Library’s online resources for your own independent research.
- You’ll also be able to discuss issues arising from your studies with other students through our forums.
- On this course you’ll be taught by our expert academics, from lecturers through to professors.
- You may also be taught by industry professionals with years of experience, as well as trained postgraduate researchers, connecting you to some of the brightest minds on campus.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
For UK/EU candidates we recommend submitting your application no later than two weeks before the start of the course.
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Religious Studies & Theology View 46 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United Kingdom
- A bachelor degree with a 2:1 (hons) in an appropriate humanities or social science discipline.
- Our admissions team are experienced in considering a wide range of international qualifications. If you wish to discuss whether your qualifications will meet the necessary entry criteria, contact the School’s admissions team. You can also check the accepted qualifications for your country or region.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.