Iceland, being a volcanic island in the middle of the North Atlantic Ocean, gets 80% of its energy from a utilization of geothermal and hydroelectric resources. Engineers and scientists in Iceland have for decades worked on solving problems relating to the harnessing, utilization and technologies needed for sustainability of these energy sources.
- Hydroelectric Engineering at the Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Geothermal Science at the Faculty of Earth Sciences
- Electrical Power Engineering at the Faculty of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Geothermal Engineering at the Faculty of Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Computer Science
- Energy Economics, Policy and Sustainability Interdisciplinary
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Renewable energy: introduction
- Groundwater Hydrology
- Solid Earth Geochemistry
- Magmas in the crust
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Nordic citizens are exempt and may apply for graduate studies until 15 April.
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Sustainable Energy View 4 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in Iceland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Statement of purpose
- Scanned transcripts
- English Language Proficiency Requirement
- Pdf scan of your passport
- Statement of Purpose
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Students at the University of Iceland do not pay tuition fees, only an annual registration fee of ISK 75,000 (530 EUR)
Living costs for Reykjavik
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.