The Master of International Gender Equality Studies at University of Iceland is hosted by the School of Humanities.
The overall goal of the Master of International Gender Equality Studies at University of Iceland is to educate and train women and men from developing countries and conflict/post-conflict societies in gender equality methods and theories and to strengthen their professional capacities for advancing and implementing gender sensitive projects in their home countries. The programme’s curriculum builds upon scholarship in gender equality and on development studies incorporating major interdisciplinary agenda, on intellectual debates and on recent methodological practices.
The target group for the GEST diploma programme consists of junior professionals from developing countries and post-conflict societies working for:
- government ministries
- civil society organisations
- educational institutes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theories and Concepts of Gender
- Gender and Development: Tools and Strategies
- Gender, Health and Education
- Gender, Labor and Migration
- Gender, Violence and Security
- Gender, Environment and Climate Change
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Have at least one university degree.
- Have at least two years of professional experience relevant to the themes of the programme.
- Possess good English skills (speak, read and write), as English is the language of instruction.
- Be a junior professional in their field
Have at least two years of professional experience relevant to the themes of the programme.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 6 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 6 months.
- Students at the University of Iceland do not pay tuition fees, only an annual registration fee of ISK 75,000 (477 EUR)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.