The Ancient Mediterranean World-History, Archaeology and Art programme from University of Pavia course makes full use of Pavia rich archaeological landscape: Pavia is surrounded by world-class Prehistoric, Roman and Medieval heritage and by several Museums with historic Egyptian,Greek, Etruscan and Roman collections.
Students will benefit of:
- Official agreements between the University and several Italian and international Institutions, such as New York University – Institute of Study for Ancient World, the Egyptian Museum of Turin, the Soprintendenza of Piedmont and the Istituto Villa Adriana-Villa d’Este at Tivoli, Rome.
- Possibilities of internships in Italy and abroad
- Regular study trips and fieldwork opportunities, such as archaeological excavations, surveys and Museums lab) in Cappadocia (Turkey) and in several parts of Italy, including at two UNESCO world heritage sites, Hadrian’s Villa at Tivoli and Dos dell’Arca in Valcamonica.
Graduates will be prepared to be employed in a wide range of careers in the fields of archaeology, heritage and cultural management, academia as well as related careers
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Ancient Western Asia: History and Civilizations;
- Greek History and Civilization;
- Roman History and Civilization;
- Egypt after the Pharaohs;
- Archaeology of Ancient Near East;
- Etruscans and Others;
- Greek and Roman Archaeology;
- Reconstructing the Past: Methods and Tools;
- Field Archaeology Training / Material Culture Laboratory.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 3 year Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in humanities or social sciences, in one or more of the following areas: archaeology, classics, history, ancient languages, geography, history of art.
- B2 level English proficiency. Students must either own an English language proficiency or have taken at least 12 credits of English language courses in their home University.
- The number of positions dedicated to international non-EU students is defined on yearly basis.
International3500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3500 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA3500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3500 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Tuition fee for non-EU students who enter Italy with a study visa is based on flat rate and depends on the citizenship.
- If non-EU students come from a family with limited financial resource, they can choose to have their tuition fee calculated according to their family income (from €156,00 to €3.985,00 per year).
Living costs for Pavia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.