There is also instruction on production technology and characteristics of materials traditionally used in engineering work (metals, polymers, ceramics), with extensive study of composite materials.
The second year focuses on materials for biomedical applications, nanostructured materials and techniques for the study of surfaces.
During the second year students can also personalise their study programme according to their individual interests and inclinations, investigating materials for specific applications or other aspects of materials engineering: the use of modeling tools and advanced characterisation techniques, material recycling, and the use of materials and devices for environmental protection.
The Materials Engineering For Industry 4.0 programme at Politecnico di Torino concludes with elective courses and the final exam.
These professional figures find occupational opportunities mainly in the public and private sector industry with managerial/organizational and management tasks; they also carry out activities as freelance advisors or as employees in services and consulting companies.
Typical fields of activity are: innovation, development, design, qualification of materials and the organization and management of complex systems for material processing and production of industrial good
- Biomaterials and Nanostructured materials
- Physical chemistry and surface engineering
- Degradation and recycling of Polymeric materials
- Metal forming technologies
- Materials corrosion and protection
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 85 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- hold a Bachelor degree awarded by an accredited foreign university obtained after at least 15 years of previous education(primary and secondary plus university).In case you are enrolled in a “single cycle” Laurea magistrale course (5 or 6 years degree program) and you have not yet graduated, you must have completed at least 15 years of previous education (minimum 3 years at University level) having obtained at least 180 ECTS credits or equivalent.
- meet curricular and quality requirements of the MS program you want to apply for.
International2601 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2601 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Turin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.