Why choose this programme?
- provides the tools to critically analyze the key issues of today;
- works from, and helps develop, students own engagement with those issues;
- has dedicated professors, awarded with the best teacher awards by students in their department, and with experience in public social science;
- has small-scale, interactive tutorials, with lots of attention for the individual student;
- improves students’ ability to meaningfully work with people who come from a variety of backgrounds.
After completing this master programme you will be able to:
- Understand how people become engaged with contemporary issues and form a public
- Understand how knowledge, people’s identities and power are at stake in public issues
- Analyze the interests, identities, infrastructures and imaginaries that shape public issues
- Better intervene in public issues, based on an understanding of how public interventions are shaped
- Critically evaluate and dissect academic texts, policy statements, expert judgments and activists’ statements
- Work with diverse groups in society, with a better awareness of how your own background and identity shape your engagement with public issues
- Present your insights and contribute to engaged discussions and struggles over publicly contested issues
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Science Research in Practice
- Infrastructures of Power
- Public Knowledge
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesInternational Relations Sociology International Development View 74 other Masters in International Relations in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Depending on the specialisation you wish to apply for, you are eligible for admission to the master’s programme Sociology if you have obtained a relevant Bachelor’s or undergraduate degree* from a research university that includes at least 7.5 EC in social science research methods and techniques, in the following fields of study:
- Social Sciences;
- Political Science;
- Media- & Culture Science;
- Public Administration;
- Communication Science;
- Science & Technology Studies;
- Pedagogical Sciences;
- Health Sciences, Policy & Management;
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15500 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2168 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Rotterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.