AI is one of the fastest growing areas of ICT industry and research. It has the potential to positively transform every aspect of all our lives, from smart cities and autonomous vehicles, through to improved healthcare services and low-carbon economies.
This is a distinctive programme taught by an internationally renowned, interdisciplinary team of University of Galway experts in the field, many of whom are researchers at the Insight Centre for Data Analytics.
Students also have the opportunity to choose from several optional online modules on offer from our partner in this programme Dublin City University (DCU).
The Computer Science - Artificial Intelligence programme at University of Galway is taught over two years and is delivered completely online using state-of-the-art technologies and techniques to support the virtual classroom. Students are expected to attend classes on campus at most one day per semester.
This is an intensive and technically rigorous programme. The estimated workload is 20 hours per week during the teaching semesters (September–December and January– April). Each semester is 12 weeks plus a study week and exam period.
This innovative online MSc in Artificial Intelligence will equip the student with state-of-the-art knowledge and practical skills that are increasingly sought after in industry today.
Programme StructureCourses include
- Machine Learning;
- Deep Learning;
- Natural Language Processing;
- Programming and Tools for Artificial Intelligence;
- Tools and Techniques for Large Scale Data Analytics;
- Research Skills in Artificial Intelligence
- Reinforcement Learning and Multi-Agent Systems;
- Data Visualisation;
- Knowledge Representation & Statistical Relational Learning;
- Information Retrieval;
- Ethics in Artificial Intelligence;
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
Candidates must be EU/EEA nationals or working in Ireland on an Irish Employment Permit
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Computer Sciences Artificial Intelligence View 19 other Masters in Artificial Intelligence in Ireland
This MSc is targeted at people currently working in industry who wish to significantly deepen their computing skills through a specialisation in Artificial Intelligence. Candidates must have a strong 2.2 Level 8 (or equivalent) computer science degree or a strong 2.2 Level 8 (or equivalent) science/engineering degree that provides extensive training in computing.
- Candidates who do not meet this requirement but are deemed by the programme director to have reached an equivalent standard will also be considered.
- Candidates must be EU/EEA nationals or working in Ireland on an Irish Employment Permit.
- Eligibility: in addition to the academic requirements, candidates must be working in private or commercial semi-state organisations in Republic of Ireland.
EU/EEA3975 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3975 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Galway
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.