During the Applied Earth Sciences programme of Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) students will be trained as a creative and independent thinker; an engineer with the ability and skills to tackle complex problems. In the first year you will take specialised modules, do lab work and go on a geological excursion. In the second year you will write a thesis under the supervision of a professor. Your last exam will be a defence of your thesis.
The courses and assignments are compiled by specialists who excel in their own disciplines. Many of them have close ties with industry. The study environment is international, with English as the working language. In addition to following the training and teaching programme, students may test practical cases against the scientific knowledge developed by our professors and researchers.
As a small community, AES is flexible with plenty of scope for staff and student interaction. As the programmes are broad-based with a strong international character, graduates can find employment in many industrial and academic domains.
The MSc programme in Applied Earth Sciences offers various tracks which train students to make full use of the tools and techniques in their discipline:
- Engineering Geology
- Experimental, Methods in Geotechnical Engineering
- Continuum Machanics
- Climate Change: Science & Ethics
- Fundamental Environmental Engineering
- Behaviour of Soils and Rocks
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 28 other Masters in Earth Sciences in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor’s degree with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 75% of the scale maximum, unless specific requirements are defined. The degree must be comparable in level to a bachelor’s degree from a research university in the Netherlands and must be closely related to your MSc programme of choice. In addition, scores for key subjects must also be good.
- Language requirements - TOEFL, IELTS or Cambridge
- Reference letter (applicants for scolarships)
- Motivation - 1,000-1,500 words clear and relevant essay in English
- Curriculum Vitae
International19600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19600 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Delft
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.