In preparation for parish, institutional and administrative ministries, you’ll take courses in theology, biblical studies, counselling, ethics, church history, liturgics and administration.
There are two options available in our Master of Divinity program at Wilfrid Laurier University: contextual option and coursework option. This program can be completed in 24-36 months, depending on which option you choose, and whether you’re in full- or part-time studies.
- ordained minister/pastor
- religious educator
- social service worker
- registered social worker (MDiv-MSW graduates)
- The contextual option is for those preparing for congregational ministry. The program includes congregational placements, community placements and a full-year internship.
- The coursework option is for those who are either already working in a ministerial setting or are preparing for non-congregational ministry allowing students to take additional electives (in place of the internship and seminars for those in the contextual option) and focus on coursework in areas of particular interest.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 33 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor’s degree with minimum B average.
- Applications are reviewed by the graduate program committee, which considers all prior university grades, personal statement, current CV, two letters of reference (one academic).
- Applicants must also complete a CASPer Test.
International7762 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3881 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National2956 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1478 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Tuition per term
Living costs for Brantford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.