Project management is a growing field with no indications it is slowing down. There is an increased demand for individuals to know about, and manage, both small- and large-scale projects. No matter the industry the skills of a project manager are relevant.
The courses will go through the planning, cost estimates and budgeting, communication strategies for stakeholders, and monitoring and controlling projects.
The Applied Project Management Certificate program at University of Winnipeg is for individuals wanting to augment their education and gain the foundational knowledge and skills needed in project management or wanting to step into project management. This program may be taken entirely online, or through a blended learning format (some in class, some online).
- Create and execute project work plans, define project scopes and deliverables, determine project resources and staffing requirements, set project milestones, develop budget proposals, and successfully close a variety of projects;
- Gain a thorough understanding of the procurement life cycle;
- Create a project management communication plans;
- Project Coordinator
- Project Engineer
- Project Manager
- Project Team Leader
- Project Management Fundamentals
- Project Initiation and Planning
- Project Execution and Communication
- Project Monitoring, Controlling & Closing
- Essential Skills for Managers
- Leadership Development
- Managing Conflict
- Introduction to Business Analysis
- 12 months
- 6 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
More informationGo to the programme website
DisciplinesProject Management Business Administration Public Administration View 76 other Masters in Business Administration in Canada
- MUST provide an official transcript for all previous post-secondary study (including university, CEGEP, or private college). International students are required to hold a minimum of an undergraduate degree
- IELTS - A minimum overall academic band score of 6.5 and a minimum score of 6.0 for the writing and reading categories
- TOEFL (internet based) - A minimum score of 80 with no less than 19 in each component (internet-based)
International18500 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18500 CAD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
National2500 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2500 CAD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Check the programme website for information about funding options.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.