The Master of Arts program in Sport and Recreation Management, offered by The University of Iowa, requires a minimum of 30 s.h. Required course work (21 s.h.) includes experiential learning in a field experience course and a capstone course that allows students to perform research in an area of interest that has practical application during the final semester before graduation.
- Through academic course work, practical experience, an individualized capstone project, and a network of industry contacts, the program is designed to help students achieve their unique professional and educational goals. Alumni find employment in such settings as professional team front offices, college and high school athletic departments, campus and community recreation programs, agencies serving sport and recreation clients, league offices, coaching, and in a number of other areas.
- The faculty provides individual mentoring to students and offers several opportunities for students to connect with industry professionals throughout the year to learn about internships and jobs.
- The Office of Field Experience in the sport and recreation management program in the Department of Health and Human Physiology assists students in finding their specific connection to the industry. The Pomerantz Career Center offers multiple resources to help students find internships and jobs.
- Sport and Recreation Field Experience
- The Economy of Experience
- Risk Management
- Economics and Financing
- Sport Administration
- Marketing and Sport Promotion
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSports Management Sports Sciences View 278 other Masters in Sports Management in United States
- You must first submit the online application to the Graduate College and pay the $60 application fee by credit card ($100 for international applicants)
- Application for Graduate Awards
- A personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- A set of your unofficial academic records/transcripts uploaded on your Admissions Profile
- International students may also be required to submit TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE scores
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement
- Your official GRE scores from Educational Testing Service
International30613 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30613 USD per year during 12 months.
National30613 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30613 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11666 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11666 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Iowa City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.