Biology is at the forefront of scientific discovery and public attention. The recent delineation of the complete genomic information of humans and several other organisms has provided the foundation for unprecedented advances in understanding life at the molecular level.
It has also provided new tools and approaches to:
- other disciplines.
The Master of Science in Molecular Biology and Biomedicine at University of Cyprus has a duration of 3 academic semesters (and up to 8 semesters for part-time study) and requires the completion of 90 ECTS.
- Special Topics in Human Molecular and Medical Genetics
- Selected Topics in Cell Biology
- Nucleic Acids
- Molecular Biology
- Special Topics in Bioinformatics
- Developmental Genetics: Embryos, Cells and Genes
- Imaging in Biological Sciences
- Special Topics in Current Biological Sciences
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application through the Online Application System of the University
- Two signed letters of recommendation in sealed envelopes.
- Copies of university degrees or a statement of expected graduation in the month preceding enrollment in the postgraduate programme.
- Transcripts as appropriate.
- Curriculum vitae
- A short statement (maximum two pages) of the student's research goals and interests.
- A preliminary research proposal for a PhD place (if this is stated in the departments regulations).
International3416 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5125 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
EU/EEA3416 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5125 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
Living costs for Nicosia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.