Develop your global business skills to excel in tomorrow’s multicultural and multinational business environment. Gain practical knowledge with the International Business Development program at Berkeley Global. Add the necessary soft skills to effectively communicate with international teams.
Learn how to manage businesses operating in the global marketplace. Focus on the complex legal, financial and economic guidelines to better understand international operations.
Focus on global marketing and supply chain management to identify developmental strategies for international business growth.
If you successfully complete the International Business or Business Development certificate—or both—you can start working through a three-month internship at a leading San Francisco or Silicon Valley company!
- Put your newfound skills to work
- Gain work experience
- Build connections
- Expand your network
You'll see firsthand how a U.S. business runs, giving you a competitive edge when you're ready to land a full-time position in International Business or Business Development.
Optional Practical Training (OPT)
Optional Practical Training is an opportunity for those studying in the United States with an F-1 visa to apply their knowledge with practical work experience. If you successfully complete both the International Business and Business Development certificates, you'll be eligible to apply for paid temporary work authorization in the U.S., also known as Optional Practical Training (OPT).
Imagine yourself analyzing an organization’s competition in a new country. Creating business strategies that comply with legal, financial and economic guidelines. Communicating with various stakeholders around the world.
With OPT, you can apply everything you've learned to real-world projects and gain valuable work experience.
The University of California, Berkeley, is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). UC Berkeley Global—like all other UC Berkeley schools, colleges and departments—is accredited by WASC through the University.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
International Business Certificate
- International Economics
- International Finance
- International Leadership Strategies: Managing Across Multiple Cultures and Industries
- Legal Aspects of International Business
- Overview: Global Business Management
Business Development Certificate
- Business Negotiating
- Global Marketing Principles
- Global Business Communication
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Global Supply Chain Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 5 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration International Development International Business View 123 other Masters in International Development in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- If you are not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States, you must apply for an F-1 student visa to attend PDP.
- Non-U.S. citizens with a visitor visa (B-1, B-2) or under the Visa Waiver Program are not permitted to engage in full-time study (PDP is full time).
- Your PDP acceptance packet includes the Certificate of Eligibility (I-20) verifying that you have been admitted for full-time study.
- If you are an F-1 student at a different U.S. institution, you must complete the F-1 transfer process to attend PDP. The transfer must be initiated by your current school.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International11000 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11000 USD for the full programme and a duration of 5 months.
National11000 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11000 USD for the full programme and a duration of 5 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.