The Master of Science in Nursing program from George Mason University prepares nurses for a variety of leadership roles in the health care delivery system. The family nurse practitioner primary care concentration has been approved by the state boards of nursing and medicine in Virginia.
George Mason University's School of Nursing offers innovative MSN programs including post-RN (RN to MSN pathway) and an MSN Graduate Certificate in Nursing Education.
- The George Mason University School of Nursing will be a nationally recognized center of excellence in inquiry, knowledge, and expertise.
- The school's educators, clinicians, and researchers produce the next generation of nursing leaders empowered and focused on innovative responses to address the challenges of a rapidly changing and culturally diverse health care environment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theoretical and Ethical Foundations Related to Nursing
- Nursing Informatics Inquiry
- Nursing Research and Biostatistics
- Organization of Nursing and Health Care Delivery Systems
- Decision Making and Pharmacologic Management in Practice
- Health Assessment in Clinical Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing View 763 other Masters in Nursing in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must meet the admission standards and application requirements specified in Graduate Admissions and must apply using the online Application for Graduate Admission. Applicants must be graduates of an accredited baccalaureate (BSN) program in nursing, except for the applicants to the RN-to-MSN program. In addition, applicants must have an active state-based/US license as a registered nurse (RN), a current CPR card, and documented work experience as an RN. The application process is competitive, and applications are considered for the fall and spring semesters.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International28996 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1487 USD per credit during 24 months.
National28996 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1487 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State11680 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 599 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.