It is a comprehensive and advanced program of study with a choice of concentrations in performance, music education, composition, conducting, jazz studies, collaborative piano, and pedagogy.
- The Music degree at George Mason University does not provide licensure to teach music in public or private schools.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Graduate Choral Ensembles
- Wind Symphony
- Symphonic Band
- Graduate Chamber Ensemble
- Symphony Orchestra
- Opera and Musical Theater Ensemble
- Jazz Ensemble
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Musicology View 1089 other Masters in Music in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Online Application
- College Transcripts
- Goals Statement: Statement that describes the applicant's intent for applying to your program of choice
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Pre-Screen Materials submitted through Slide Room. Refer to this link for detailed information regarding portfolio submission requirements. The link to SlideRoom will be provided to you when you apply. You will be able to submit your portfolio via SlideRoom after you have received your GNumber from the Office of Graduate Admissions. Contact CVPA Graduate Admissions if you have any questions.
- Auditions or Interviews, if applicable for your concentration, will be scheduled after review of the pre-screen materials.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International42930 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1431 USD per credit during 12 months.
National42930 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1431 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State16290 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 543 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.