This MKin in Kinesiology program from University of Calgary is designed for students who wish to gain advanced theoretical and practical skills in exercise physiology to prepare them for careers in chronic disease management, health and wellness programs, occupational evaluation, and high performance sport.
Students who successfully complete this degree are able to take the Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology’s certified exercise physiologist (CSEP-CEP) exam.
- Applied Exercise Physiology
More informationVisit official programme website
- nutrition for performance
- exercise physiology
- muscle mechanics
- sport psychology
- training strategies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine View 18 other Masters in Biomedicine in Canada
- A minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 point system, over the past two years of full-time study (a minimum of 10 full-course equivalents or 60 units) of the undergraduate degree.
- A four-year baccalaureate degree with a minimum grade of "B" or 3.00 in each of the following undergraduate prerequisite courses (or equivalents): Anatomy, Exercise Physiology, Biomechanics, Exercise and Sport Psychology, Statistics.
- (Optional) A CV with demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and capable of independent study as shown in undergraduate studies, volunteer work and/or work experience in exercise science areas will be considered.
- Two reference letters
International11409 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22819 CAD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
National5961 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11923 CAD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.