Criminal justice problems demand leaders and decision-makers who are well-prepared to make good choices about what to do and how to do it.
In courses taught by cutting-edge criminal justice practitioners and faculty who are leading researchers in evidence-based policy and practice, our students receive the scientific knowledge and real-world insights necessary to evaluate, select, and implement criminal justice policies and practices that are effective, efficient, and fair.
- Students in the Master of Science in Criminal Justice at George Mason University also learn data analysis skills that equip them with the practical knowledge required for many policy-oriented and front-line operational positions.
- The MS program in Criminal Justice prepares graduates to be leaders and change agents in the criminal justice field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Evidence-based Crime and Justice Policy
- Implementing Crime and Justice Policy
- Leadership in Justice Organizations
- Legal and Ethical Issues in Criminal Justice
- Criminal Justice Research Methods and Data Analysis
- Evaluation of Crime and Justice Policies and Practices
- Research Practicum in Justice Policy and Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCriminal Law Criminology Criminal Justice View 229 other Masters in Criminal Justice in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The submitted goals statement should be 200-300 words in length describing what you intend to do with your MS degree in Criminal Justice.
- The writing sample is an essay of 500-750 words that identifies a current problem or issue in criminal justice and examines promising approaches to mitigating or resolving it.
- Two letters of recommendation should come from faculty members or individuals with first-hand knowledge of your academic or professional capabilities.
- The Office of Graduate Admissions, in coordination with the MS in Criminal Justice review committee, will consider requests from admitted students to defer their enrollment to a future term if they choose not to enroll in the semester for which they were accepted.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International48930 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1631 USD per credit during 12 months.
National48930 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1631 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State22290 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 743 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.