Recent courses have included Fakes and Forgeries, The US Civil War and Visual Culture, The Art of British India, Egypt in the Age of Nefertiti, and Transatlantic Encounters in Twentieth-Century European and Latin American Art.
- Students may take advantage of a dual degree program offered with Arts Management, or integrate a certificate in Digital Public Humanities with their MA.
- Through Mason’s location and faculty research, the program has close relationships with the Smithsonian Institution and other area museums, including historical sites and house museums in Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia. These relationships provide our students with opportunities for internships and valuable learning experiences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Methods and Research in Art History
- Colloquium in Art History
- Special Topics in Art History
- Creating Historical Knowledge using Digital Methods
- The Museum
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation History Art History View 4318 other Masters in Education in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed online application for graduate study and application fee
- An earned baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education, or international equivalent, verified from copies of unofficial transcripts uploaded to the online application.
- Copies of unofficial university transcripts and any earned degree submitted using the application portal from all universities attended.
- All transcripts from colleges or universities outside the United States must be translated into English, if applicable, and submitted for evaluation to the Mason Office of Admissions
- Verification of English language proficiency. Please see English language requirements page.
- Official GRE, GMAT, LSAT, or MAT or other official test scores, as required by your program sent directly to Mason from the testing agency
- Other supplemental materials specified by your academic program such as essays, departmental forms, portfolios, or interviews
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International42930 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1431 USD per credit during 12 months.
National42930 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1431 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State16290 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 543 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.