Located in the Faculty of Arts, the department of Geography at University of the Western Cape is uniquely positioned to produce critical, socially-informed research and education in post-apartheid South Africa.
The department is proud of its multicultural and multinational group of students and scholars whose research and publications are internationally recognised.
Working in both human and physical geography, the university offers undergraduate degrees (B.A.) with majors in Geography & Environmental Studies as well as Tourism.
- Linguistics / Applied Linguistics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Geography Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 13 other Masters in Earth Sciences in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- You need to submit your final school results to Higher Education South Africa (HESA) for an evaluation.
- We unfortunately will not be able to respond to your application until you submit a confirmation letter issued by HESA stating that you qualify to study at a South African University.
- Certified copy of your passport
International5734 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5734 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National2177 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2177 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
- National students - R36,460
- International students - R96,020
Living costs for Cape Town
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.