The Master of Science in Bioinformatics at METU Middle East Technical University focuses on computational techniques and tools for data analysis, theoretical modeling of biological processes, and also design and development of biological tools and databases.
The objectives of the Bioinformatics graduate programs are:
- To educate graduates from different disciplines in the theoretical and practical aspects of bioinformatics
- To meet the interdisciplinary graduate needs of the academia, industry, and the public and private sectors,
- To foster and support interdisciplinary research in the field.
- Introduction to Bioinformatics
- Biological Databases and Data Analysis
- Probabilistic and Statistical Modeling for Bioinformatics
- Foundations of Systems Biology
- Protein and DNA Sequence Analysis
- Applications of Bioinformatics in Molecular Biology
- Application Fee Receipt
- English Proficiency Exams
- Graduate Exams
- Reference Letters
- Letter of Intention
International612 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 306 USD per semester during 24 months.
National34 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17 USD per semester during 24 months.
- Resident: 140 TL/semester
- Non-Resident: 2500 TL/Semester
Living costs for Ankara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.