Morphological structure, nature, thickness and geochemical structure and distribution of the rocks and sediments forming the seafloor and ‘mbsf’ are determined by various methods and tools.
At the Marine Geology and Geophysics at METU Middle East Technical University, deep-sea research have been carried out in four interconnected programs:
- deep-sea chemosynthetic ecosystems,
- seafloor characterization and habitat mapping,
- marine chemical sensors iv) sediment geochemistry and geomicrobiology.
- Biogeochemistry of Seafloor Ecosystems
- Programming in R for Marine Sciences
- Trophic Modeling with ECOPATH with ECOSIM and Quantification of Ecosystem Health
- Chemical Oceanography
- Geochemical Cycles
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- METU EPE = 65, TOEFL = 79, IELTS = 6.5
- ALES = 70 (Equally weighted or quantitative), GRE = 155 (quantitative)
- B.Sc. GPA = 70/100 or 2.00/4.00
- Reference letters
- Letter of intent
International278 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 139 USD per semester during 24 months.
National18 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9 USD per semester during 24 months.
- Resident: 154 TL/semester
- Non-Resident: 2500 TL/Semester
Living costs for Ankara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.