Within this Marine Biology and Fisheries program from METU Middle East Technical University, many studies are carried out in research areas such as bacteria, phytoplankton, zooplankton, ichthyoplankton, benthic organisms, seagrass, fisheries biology and population dynamics, marine acoustics, stock assessment for fishery management, marine protected areas, marine mammals, molecular biology and genetics.
- Biogeochemistry of Seafloor Ecosystems
- Programming in R for Marine Sciences
- Trophic Modeling with ECOPATH with ECOSIM and Quantification of Ecosystem Health
- Chemical Oceanography
- Geochemical Cycles
- Physical Oceanography
- Modeling in Marine Environment
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- METU EPE = 65, TOEFL = 79, IELTS = 6.5
- ALES = 70 (Equally weighted or Quantitative), GRE = 155 (quantitative)
- B.Sc. GPA = 70/100 or 2.00/4.00
- Reference letters
- Letter of intent
International278 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 139 USD per semester during 24 months.
National18 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9 USD per semester during 24 months.
- Resident: 154 TL/semester
- Non-Resident: 2500 TL/Semester
Living costs for Ankara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.