There are four purposes of the Curriculum and Instruction program from METU Middle East Technical University:
- To improve students' knowledge and understanding in relation to curriculum development and evaluation theories, curriculum development models and approaches,
- To develop students' skills in instructional processes and design,
- To help students carry out research by using scientific research methods and techniques, and
- To develop understanding and skills in other areas of educational sciences based on their interests.
Students reach these purposes through seminar like teaching and learning processes in required and elective courses where they find the opportunities to apply what they learn and produces materials for specific purposes. Those students who do not have a teaching certificate and/or lack specific courses that are required for study at the masters' level are accepted to a scientific preparation program that may take one or two semesters.
Students have to successfully complete 8 courses, two of which are research and statistics, three area courses, two electives and one thesis preparation course. Students who complete the coursework carry out a research as their masters' thesis, and graduate from the program by successfully defending it.
- Fundamentals of Curriculum Dev.
- Theories of Instruction
- Curriculum Evaluation
- Social Theories as Applied to Education
- Instructional Design
- Learning Sciences: Foundations and Applications
- Research on Teaching
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- International Graduate Students' Registration Form: The form is expected to be downloaded by the student and filled, including the student's signature.
- ALES / GRE Score Sheet: The score sheets are valid for five years from the exact date they are announced. Students who used to be registered in one of the graduate programs of METU and then either canceled the registration on their own will or were dismissed from the program are not asked to provide a new ALES / GRE score only if they have not been registered to graduate programs of METU for one academic year at max.
- English Proficiency Score (METU EPE / IELTS / TOEFL / PTE Academic)
- One photo
- Identity page of your passport
- Residence Permit Card: Required only if the student has a residence permit card before the registration to METU.
International278 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 139 USD per semester during 24 months.
National18 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9 USD per semester during 24 months.
- Resident: 154 TL/semester
- Non-Resident: 2500 TL/Semester
Living costs for Ankara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.