Biomedical Engineering integrates biological, chemical, physical, mathematical, computational sciences with engineering principles and techniques to apply to the problems in the medical field. The main purpose of the field is to improve patient health care and the quality of life for healthy individuals. Therefore, it advances fundamental concepts and creates knowledge from the molecular to the organ systems levels.
The broad research and development array of the biomedical engineering area consists of medical imaging, image processing, physiological signal processing, synthesis and design of biocompatible prostheses, medical devices, material-cell interactions, nano-patterned surfaces, biosensors, biocompatibility, tissue engineering, mechanical analysis of locomotion and movement, cell and tissue mechanics, mechanical characterization and identification of biological materials, biomechanical modeling and simulation, biostatics and biodynamics of solids and fluids, biomolecular systems, genome assembly, protein structure and alignment, prediction of gene expression, etc.
This Biomedical Engineering program from METU Middle East Technical University is open to the students with an undergraduate degree from departments of science, medicine, and, engineering. Graduates might be required by the Admission Committee to take preparatory courses for a period of up to 2 semesters depending on the individual's background.
- Linear system theory
- Analytical methods in engineering
- Scientific computing
- Methods of applied mathematics
- Analytical Methods in Engineering
- Mathematical methods in materials research
- Advanced Engineering Mathematics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- International Graduate Students' Registration Form: The form is expected to be downloaded by the student and filled, including the student's signature.
- ALES / GRE Score Sheet: The score sheets are valid for five years from the exact date they are announced. Students who used to be registered in one of the graduate programs of METU and then either canceled the registration on their own will or were dismissed from the program are not asked to provide a new ALES / GRE score only if they have not been registered to graduate programs of METU for one academic year at max.
- English Proficiency Score (METU EPE / IELTS / TOEFL / PTE Academic)
- One photo
- Identity page of your passport
- Residence Permit Card: Required only if the student has a residence permit card before the registration to METU.
International278 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 139 USD per semester during 24 months.
National18 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9 USD per semester during 24 months.
- Resident: 154 TL/semester
- Non-Resident: 2500 TL/Semester
Living costs for Ankara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.