This Media and Entertainment Law program offered by De Montfort University will enable students to study areas that include the creation and obligations of contracts; the legal natures of advertising law; media ethics; dispute resolution and the emerging trends surrounding information technology and social media law.
Why study this course?
- Study at your own pace through flexible distance learning, with the option to exit at one of several points with a postgraduate award.
- Boost your career prospects and differentiate yourself in a competitive job market, while remaining in full-time employment.
- Engage in a wide variety of fascinating modules with an international context that are taught within an internationally diverse learning environment.
- Informa Connect - this course is delivered in partnership with Informa Connect – An Informa Business, an organisation dedicated to working with leading academic bodies to provide high-calibre and well-respected distance learning postgraduate courses.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Contracts in Media & Entertainment Law
- Intellectual Property Rights & the (New) Media
- IT, Social Media and the Law
- Arbitration & Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- Advertising Law
- Ethics, Values & the Media
- Data Protection
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- LLM: 180 credits
- Postgraduate Diploma: 120 credits
- Postgraduate Certificate: 60 credits
DisciplinesLegal Studies Master of Laws (LLM) View 112 other Masters in Legal Studies in United Kingdom
Applicants will normally hold an undergraduate degree in any subject with a minimum pass of 2:2, or equivalent overseas qualification, or an appropriate professional qualification. Some background knowledge of law is useful, but a degree in law is not essential.
International8700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8700 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA8700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8700 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Accelerated LLM: £9,000
Postgraduate Diploma: £6,300
Postgraduate Certificate: £3,500
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.