You’ll broaden and deepen your understanding of major issues, developments and discourses about the history, politics, economy, society and culture of the region, leading to an in-depth dissertation on an area of your own personal or professional interest.
The MA in Asia Pacific Studies will provide you with a comparative advantage for careers in journalism, diplomacy, international organisations, NGOs, and global businesses requiring knowledge and expertise in the international relations of East Asia.
The MA is designed so that, on completion, you’ll have studied relevant subjects and made the necessary preparation for doctoral research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Asia Pacific Studies Dissertation
- China-Japan-Korea Trilateral Relations
- Globalisation and Economic Development in the Asia Pacific
- Political Changes and Social Movements in the Asia Pacific
- Culture and Creative Industries in East Asia
- The Anthropology of the Asia Pacific
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
UK students can apply all year round.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Ethnic Studies Languages View 642 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should hold at least 2:1 degree in related subject
- Applications from all candidates will be considered on their merits in the light of the nature and scope of the programme and if they have experience
- A detailed admissions procedure will be forwarded on application
- Non-native English speakers require IELTS: Score of at least 7.0 or equivalent
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7800 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Part-time: £867 per 20 credits (UK)
Living costs for Preston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.