Urban design professionals are in demand. We'll help you develop design skills that relate to a broader social, environmental and economic context, so that you can link individual architectural projects with overall planning strategies.
- We’ll encourage you to critically examine the key urban development challenges that cities are facing today. You’ll explore local urban areas in Sheffield and compare these areas with other UK and international contexts in Europe as well as in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. You'll also investigate the role of designers and citizens in the processes of city making.
- Central to the Urban Design course at University of Sheffield is a design studio project, and core modules on urban design theory and practice. You can explore a range of themes through optional modules and you’ll take part in study trips and thematic workshops.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Urban Design Project
- Urban Design Thesis Project
- Participation in Architecture and Urban Design
- History and Theory of Urban Design
- Trajectories on Urban Design Practice
- Urban Design Tools and Methods
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Design Urban Planning View 133 other Masters in Urban Planning in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You’ll need a 2:1 honours degree or an equivalent qualification related to design in the built environment, such as architecture, landscape architecture and urban planning. We’d also like to see your portfolio.
- Your degree doesn’t have to be design-based. If you have a lot of professional design experience we’ll consider your application.
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
- We also accept a range of other UK qualifications and other EU/international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23250 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9300 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.